Sunday, June 16, 2013

Final Journey

Quick and very blunt update - The leukemia has returned and is very aggressive. Jon's back at Sanford. He has fought courageously for nearly three years. Although we haven't been given any specific timelines, we have been told that soon his fight will be over. The Drs. are keeping his intense pain manageable, but the medicine makes him very sleepy. Thoughts and prayers for Andy, the kids and our parents during this difficult time. Not only is today Father's Day but it is also Jon's birthday. Thanks, Jess (Jon's sister)

3 comments:

  1. What a brave family....May God bless each one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't give up. I came across your blog a few months back because my dad is going thru the same thing you are - his chemo treatments did not work and sent him home. I read your blog because I can relate and I look up to you. I believe in you and that the fight is not over till its over. things can change for the good just as fast as they turn for the worst. Ive seen it with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Jon. You fought a hard fight.

    ReplyDelete