Monday, June 3, 2013

AML: Quick Update

This will be short.  Just an update as to how I a fairing at home. 

I continue to do labs each Mon, Wed and Fri.   It's just a quick trip and they call me back in if I need a transfusion.  Last week I received platelets on Monday and Friday.  I felt pretty dehydrated those days so I also requested hydration and so they pushed a liter of fluid at the same time. 

Thursday & Friday my tank was pretty much empty.  I had little energy and was getting frustrated at how poor I felt.  Saturday I felt marginally better.  Sunday was Mickey's (my niece) birthday.  I woke up feeling pretty good and had a pretty good day.  I pretty much perched myself on the couch and stayed there, but we made a full day of it. 

Today I feel much better.  My labs confirmed what I was thinking.  My counts are beginning to recover.  My white count moved up to .8,  red blood up to 9.8, platelets 38 and ANC at 408.   All good stuff considering where I was last week. 

I was most worried about my white count recovering since it has been an issue with my latest rounds of chemo.  It's still early, but to get where we're at is a very good thing. 

I'm still settled in at home.  Not much stamina but able to get around for the most part. 

It's a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment