Wednesday, May 22, 2013

AML - Back to Sanford.

Monday's Donor Lymphocyte Infusion went fine.  The DLI was really nothing special.  It was like getting any other blood product.  Hopefully this will boost my immune system a bit. 
 
With the DLI done, I am pretty much done with what Mayo can do for me.  So we started the conversation about getting back to Sioux Falls. 
 
In fact, I am in transit right now.  They wanted to transfer via ambulance.  Right now I am about half way between Rochester and Sioux Falls. 
 
My preference would be to go home, but there are a few things to sort out with my meds that need to be done inpatient.  At least I will be closer to home and the kids. 
 
So as of this afternoon I am back in Sanford Hospital.   It will be a welcome change to Rochester Methodist.  I'll get all my nurses back and be much more comfortable.  There are lots of smart doctors that treated me at Mayo, but it often seemed like there were too many cooks in the kitchen. 
 
I am feeling fine for the most part.  Some stomach issues mainly due to the doctors messing with my meds.  I think if I get back on the regimen I was on prior to heading to mayo I will be fine.   
 
Looking forward to settling in and seeing the kids tonight.
 
It is a good day. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you get to be somewhere more comfortable!m still praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete